Friday, June 15, 2012

Goodbye till August!

Five days till my trip. I fly out to Florida Tuesday night.

All my supplies are packed in a large cardboard box. I'll be issued a duffel bag once I get to boot camp.
This is the last post I'll make before I take off, so here's what will happen on this blog while I'm gone:

I had initially planned to write blog entries in the form of letters for my mom to transcribe to the blog once she received them. Now it looks like I won't have much time to write more than the weekly letter home to my family. So my mom will write what she learns from my letters, plus what she learns from the TMI website, which will be posting regular updates. During boot camp, she'll also be able to put up pictures posted on the TMI Facebook page.

Anyone who wants to can go to the TMI website

(http://www.teenmissions.org/) or Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/teenmissions).

When I get back I'll blog about the details of my trip, and about the transition back to life here.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to making this happen!

I'll  fly back August 8. Goodbye till then!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment